The laser scanner divides the living space into a series of 4x4m parcels, which the robot then covers in a systematic way. The way in which the parcels are divided up can be different for every clean; this is normal. In addition, the robot only recognizes “rooms” when the doors meet certain criteria, such as being 90cm (35.5 in) wide. If it does not recognise doors as doors, it will treat them as spaces between obstacles (the walls) and divide the space into parcels across more than one room.
Articles in this section
- Which protocols are used to prevent hacking?
- The Base light on my VR300 robot vacuum cleaner comes on, but the Base button is greyed out in the Kobold Robot app. How do I send the VR300 back to the base station using the app?
- Can I use the magnetic strip from my VR200 robot vacuum cleaner with my VR300?
- How do I set up the Wi-Fi connection for my VR300 robot vacuum cleaner?
- Will the VR300 create a floor plan automatically?
- How can I tell the VR300 robot vacuum cleaner which rooms it should and should not vacuum?
- How can I delete the Wi-Fi connection to my VR300 robot vacuum cleaner?
- What does the robot do when using the exploration/discovery function?
- Does the VR300 take No-Go Lines into account when I start it in Spot cleaning mode?
- Why does my robot move around all over the place, instead of covering my house room by room?