There are multiple reasons why this error can occur.
If the robot is obviously stuck, please pick it up and put it back on the floor no more than 30 cm from its last position. Make sure that it is still facing in the direction it was driving previously.
If it's obviously not stuck, the robot is facing an issue with its navigation. The robot calculates its position using multiple inputs from sensors like the laser scanner and counting the revolution of its wheels. When the information from these sources do not match, the robot is having an issue correctly identifying its position. This can be caused by one wheel not being attached to the ground and therefore turning in the air, which can happen when the robot:
- is driving over the legs of rocking chairs
- is driving backwards against a wall and gets detached from the ground for a moment
- is pushing items in front of it, such as very light carpets
- is cleaning on very soft and shag-pile carpets
1. Make sure that there are no items on the ground on which the robot could get stuck or which it could push around (like shoes)
2. Use the magnetic tape or No-Go Lines to block areas in which the robot could easily get stuck
3. Observe during the cleaning to see if you can identify situations in which the robot gets stuck
4. Make sure that there are no moving objects close to the robot which are at around 10 cm above ground (this is the level of the laser scanner). Pets or moving people can interfere with the navigation.
In the Kobold Robot app I’m getting the message, “Please clear path” [error code 2008]. Why?
Article is closed for comments.