The best way to update the Kobold vacuum cleaner robot is by using the Kobold Robot app.
In case this is not possible for the customer, we have another solution: updating the software by means of an USB stick and downloading the update from the Vorwerk site.
Here are the guidelines for this second option.
- the VR300 needs to be at the base station and charged enough so that it would allow the update process without interruptions (the best option is to have the robot fully charged)
- the customer needs an USB stick
- the customer needs a suitable cable to connect the USB stick to the VR300 (if they do not have one, they can order it from Vorwerk online
- customers need the latest robot software
Steps to follow:
1. Download the software from Vorwerk web page
onto client's computer.
2. Make sure there is only one folder on the USB stick and that its name is “RobotData”. Then transfer the software update to the USB stick.
3. Open the dust-bin lid and connect the USB stick to the robot using the connection cable.
4. The red flashing LED operating display will start to blink green.
5. Wait until the audio signal sounds and the LED has turned back to red blinking (this can take around 10 minutes).
6. Unplug the USB stick and close the dust-bin lid.
- The stored floor plans, the client's preferences for reminders, the robot's name and the Wi-Fi connection data will remain saved after the update.
- If the update fails, please try another USB stick, as there might be USB stick compatibility issues.
- The robot will automatically create a folder in the USB stick containing the log file. This is normal. If the customer wishes, he/she can delete it afterwards.