When using your Thermomix TM6 and TM5 in combination with the Blade Cover when cooking Sous-vide or slow cooking, DO NOT:
- exceed speed 1 on the manual settings.
- use clockwise rotation when setting the rotation direction.
- use temperatures higher than 100°C on the manual settings.
- insert the attachment upside down.
- use jars or plastic containers to prepare Sous-vide.
- use any other accessories inside the mixing bowl.
(As the simmering basket and the blade cover may both be used for Sous-vide, use EITHER the simmering basket OR the blade cover attachment, but NEVER together.)
- block or cover the opening in the mixing bowl lid from the inside (e.g. with food) or from the outside (e.g. with a towel)
- use food that may block or damage the blade cover (e. g. ice, frozen vegetables/chunks of frozen meat)
- forget to use those ingredients like citric acid that prevent stains on metal parts (To protect against possible stains cooking Sous-vide, the juice of half a squeezed lemon or equivalent citric acid must be added to the water in which the Sous-vide bag will be placed. To prevent staining while cooking with watery and salty liquids using slow cooking, consider including some apple juice, vinegar or citric acid to your recipes.)
- forget to wash, rinse and dry thoroughly all TM parts afterward
- exceed the maximum filling quantity of the bowl (with water and bag inside the water)
Tips and Tricks:
Planning to prepare some delicious meals with small, swelling ingredients such as quinoa, amaranth, bulgur? Then make use of the blade cover, with it those ingredients cook better and do not get stuck at the base of the knife, keep the grain whole and assure great results.